January 19, 2016
Blair Hills President Annie Wilson started the meeting at 7:05pm
November meeting minutes were read and approved as read
- Neighbor Reverend Ralph Butler passed
- Tommy's wife passed away 16 months
- Sympathy cards will to be sent to both
- Due to illness, Dorothy Steiner will be
unable to be our hospitality chair. Floretta Gaskin will be the new
- It was requested to increase the budget
for sending condolences to those in the neighborhood who have passed away.
- There was a discussion on consistency
- Floretta motioned for deceased Blair Hills residents to receive a card and
discretionary gift such as a pie or flowers not to exceed $35.
- The motion was seconded.
- There was discussion on active apartment
members receiving gifts. It was decided active members would be included.
- Motion was approved unanimously.
on Email Etiquette
- Judith reported there was an email chain
about a woman stealing newspapers from neighbors
- Neighbors responded that this woman had
been given permission to take not steal newspapers.
- It was agreed that accusations of
stealing without proof is reprehensible.
- Reminder to Blair Hills residents to ask
around before making any accusations and please be tactful before putting
out accusations on a public dialogue medium such as email.
- Annie spoke w Dan Hernandez and we are
not eligible for a park discount.
- There was an open discussion on traffic
solutions regarding Jon Melvin's email.
- It was noted that any solution would
prove an inconvenience for some residents and that we would need to give a
little to solve the problem.
A straw vote was taken on traffic solutions. Vote results shown.
1. Place a sign on Lenawee and Wrightcrest requiring
no right turn onto La Cienega between 4-7pm Monday through Friday with the
exception of residents - majority
2. Placard for Blair Hills residents - majority
3. Signage prior to entering Blair Hills in the city of LA placed on Holdrege,
Bowcroft and Rodeo- not a majority
4. Every household receive notifications on traffic meetings - majority
5. Look into cost of guard gate and impact on residents - yes
6. Submit the traffic study provided by the Schultz – yes (now posted on the web site – Jon Melvin)
7. Public art- not majority
- Antoinette will be sending suggestions to
Jon and he will pass along to Gabe Garcia
- There was more discussion on holding a meeting
every other month unless something urgent needed to be discussed. There was a suggestion for every quarter
but people wanted every other month.
- The Kenneth Hahn Recreation Room will be
renovated starting mid February and will be
unavailable for 4-5 months.
- Blair Hills Association would look into
meeting at City Hall.
- Golden State Water will be working on the
new nature center.
- They will be installing water lines, new
fire department connection and a new fire hydrant in and along Stoneview Drive.
The work is scheduled for Jan 25- 29, 2016. For information call
Matthew Feldhaus, 626-300-3262.
- Reminder to watch for persons casing
residences. If spotted call the non emergency police line at # 310-837-1221.
- Discussed a need for looking into
- Antoinette is looking into updating the
- There will be an election in April with 3
City council seats available. There
was an interest in a forum with the candidates for Blair Hills.
- Kerri thanked everyone who turned out for
Santa Sleigh. We will be on their
schedule again next year!
- Cheri has welcome kits for new neighbors. Captains please contact her for them if
you would like to hand them out.
was adjourned at 8:45pm
back to main page