Blair Hills Association Meeting Minutes
Stoneview Nature Center, 5950 Stoneview Drive, Culver City, CA†
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
to order at 7:05pm
- Angela Arnold is the new secretary
- No meeting minutes from last meeting in November because it was a social
- No news from committees
- Annual Block Party scheduled for August 11, 2018 in Blair Hills Park
- Budget update to come at next meeting; Treasurer is out of town. As of 1/17/17, there was $4,000+ in the account at US Bank
- City Council election scheduled for April; March meeting will include a candidate forum
- Next meeting is scheduled for February 20, 2018
Visit from Culver City Police Department
- Two officers from CCPD joined the meeting
- Crime stats: According to CCPD, there have been 7 property crimes in Blair Hills in the past year: 4 residential burglaries, 1 vehicle burglary (car locked), and 2 theft from a vehicle (car unlocked). There have been 0 violent crimes in Blair Hills in the past year.
- Traffic: Officers are aware of traffics concerns in the neighborhood. Try to come to Blair Hills around 5pm on week days to give citations for running stop signs. Gave out 3 citations the night of the meeting.
- New Marijuana Laws: Culver City has approved 3 dispensaries in the city
- Contact Info: To contact CCPD with concerns: Non-emergency (310) 837-1221 and Desk Officer (310) 253-6208
Traffic Updates from Kerry
- Kerry has been in contact with Gabe Garcia from Culver City Traffic Control
- According to Gabe, it is not possible to put a stop sign at Wrightcrest and La Cienega. According to state law it doesnít meet standards for a stop sign because there is a 800-foot merge lane
- It may be possible to put in a sign making drivers aware that there is a merge lane; Kerry to follow up with Gabe
- Curtesy signs to ask drivers to slow down and be polite can be posted in your yard, but cannot be on city property between the sidewalk and road
- If you are experiencing a specific issue with traffic, take video of the issue and send to Gabe Garcia. For example, cars are driving over the speed limit when u-turning on Ver Halen.
Motion passed to buy new yard signs to promote the Blair HIlls Neighborhood Association monthly meeting
Inglewood Oil Field Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
- Culver City has granted a 120-day extension for comments on the Inglewood Oil Field EIR. Comments must be in by March 14, 2018. Link for more information: www.culvercity.org/how-do-i-/learn/inglewood-oil-field
New Construction on Lenawee
- 8 single family houses and 1 assisted living facility are planned for the lot between Lenawee and La Cienega. Single family home lots will be at least 5,000 square feet.
- There will be a new cul-de-sac on the property named Marsha Court. It is possible there will be a stop sign at the intersection. The cul-de-sac will not connect to La Cienega
- 90% of the grading is complete. Expect that Lenawee road will be repaired in next 3 months.
- If you are interested in joining a Blair Hills book club (fiction and nonfiction) contact Andi Hyman ()
State Water Bond
- There is a State Water Bond (Water Supply and Quality Initiative) on the ballot. It includes $30m of funds for the Baldwin Hills Conservancy area.
- Forum to learn more hosted by Baldwin Hills Conservancy on January 22, 2018 at 7:15pm at Knox Presbyterian Church (5840 La Tijera Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036)
Motion passed to submit a letter of recommendation from the neighborhood on behalf of Stoneview Nature Centerís nomination for a Commissionerís Award
Meeting adjourned at 8:08pm